Saturday, September 20, 2014

If I Stay

Gayle Forman


In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, this will change the way you look at life, love, and family. Now a major motion picture starring Chloe Grace Moretz, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

3 comments:

  1. The book If I Stay made me feel many different ways. It made me feel very sad at some points, happy at others, disappointed, relieved, and even a little mad. One time it made me sad was when her family got hurt in the car crash. Something that made me happy was when Adam finally came to visit Mia in the hospital. This also made me feel relieved. I was disappointed when the nurses wouldn’t let Adam see Mia. And mad when the man that caused them to crash never came to see how they were.
    If I were in Mia’s position I would stay too. She was loosing so much so I couldn’t blame her if she wanted to go. However, she still had so much left in her life to live for. For example, she had Adam, Kim, her grandparents, her aunts, uncles, and cousins. It would have been a tough decision for me too.
    If I Stay brought many emotions into my reading, which made it more enjoyable for me. I couldn’t put this book down! I thought it was fabulous and think it's a book everyone should read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book If I Stay was a book that had many emotions in the book. These emotions were very important in the book to me, because if Mia had something sad happen to her like the car crash. I felt like I was Mia and everything was very realistic then. Throughout the book I always thought that it was bad luck happening to Mia and her family. But then I realized that it was everyday life and bad things happen but you can always make them better. That's what Mia did to. Even if she was losing some of the most important people in her life she still had a lot of people still with her. This book was ok and I think I may like it more if I read the book in a few more years.

    ReplyDelete